Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- FREE shipping (normally a $5 flat rate shipping fee)
- 30% off Room Decor (name letters, fairy tale wall decor, ribbon bow holders)
- 30% off Tutus
- Bibs and Receiving Blankets 3 for $25.00
- 10% off AppleCheeks products
- 15% off Knickernappies products
- Buy 5, get 1 free bumGenius OneSize 4.0s and AIOs
- 15% off Melissa & Doug toys (in-stock and pre-orders)
Friday, November 19, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
- Applecheeks bundle-giveaway is already posted at Chubby Cheeks Thinks blog (click the button on our right sidebar to get to their blog)
- Terrycloth bib-giveaway next week on Nellie Bugs Tutus and More facebook page: http://www.facebok.com/nelliebugstutus
- bumGenius 4.0 onesize diaper-giveaway as part of the dream package for Fluff Baby Home (click on the button on our right sidebar for more info)
- Custom painted name letters-giveaway on our facebook page later this month...stay tuned for pictures of what you could win.
- All of November: 10% off AppleCheeks products
- All of November: half price rental fee for Diaper Trial Packages ($7.99)
- All of November: Free fleece liner with every diaper purchase
- Nov. 1-6: FREE small Planet Wise Wetbag with purchase of $100 (while supplies last)
- Nov. 7-13: 10% off all Knickernappies products
- November 9th: FREE microfiber insert with every Knickernappies 2G pocket diaper purchase
- Nov 14-20: Surprise gift with every order!
- Nov 21-30: 10% off Melissa & Doug preorders, 15% off in-stock toys
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
The Great Cloth Diaper Hunt (GCDH) is a huge internet scavenger hunt running from November 1-30, 2010. During the month, you will get the chance to visit many great websites (many WAHM sites as well as others). You'll follow clues to find a hidden diaper icon within each site. By doing so, you will qualify for 71 random prize drawings, including One Ultimate Grand Prize worth over $500 and a Daily Prize for each day of hunting!
The idea behind the hunt is to introduce consumers to some of the great WAHM businesses that are out in cyberspace, and also to many new products!
Think the hunt is too time-consuming? You are NOT required to find all the icons...just work at your own pace and find as few or as many as you like. Just be sure you register for the hunt so you can be qualified for all the great prizes! You can register by clicking on this link:
Also, Diaper Decisions has a facebook page. You can receive updates about registration and sponsorship by becoming a fan of their page. They will also be giving out prizes through the facebook page, as well as running chats with some of the sponsors during the hunt.
When you register for the hunt or become a fan on facebook, be sure to say Bum Covered Diapers sent you!
Friday, October 22, 2010
We've gotten shipments in from Planet Wise and from AppleCheeks within the last few days. One new item of note is Flushable Liners! If you (or anyone you know) love the idea of using cloth diapers but don't want to deal with the poop, these flushable liners are just the solution for you! You lay these liners inside your reusable diaper, then when the baby poops just dump the liner and poop straight into the toilet and flush! No mess required! Each package comes with 100 liners, and another thing to note is that the liners can be washed and hung to dry if they are not soiled.
We added two additional items today as well: our diaper trial package and custom fitted flannel diapers.
Diaper Trial Package:
Here's how the trial works: You pay the rental fee + deposit, and then get to try the diapers and accessories risk-free for 3 weeks. After your trial period is done you can either return the diapers to us and be refunded your deposit, or keep the diapers and receive a $15 discount on them! (Please wash all diapers before returning them. Diapers must be returned clean and dry for a full refund on your deposit.)
Shipping to you is included in the cost of the trial, but return shipping fees are your responsibility.
Our Cloth Diaper Trial Package includes the following:
--5 diapers (a variety of the diapers we sell, such as One Size, Pocket, AIO, and Envelope diapers by bumGenius, Knickernappies, and AppleCheeks)
--a medium Planet Wise wet bag
--samples of detergent, wipes solutions, rash cream or wipes
--information guide to cloth diapering
You can find them here: http://www.bumcovereddiapers.com/diaper-packages/diaper-trials/cloth-diaper-trial.html
Custom Fitted Flannel Diapers ($7.00-$10.00 depending on soaker type)
These fitted diapers are made with four layers of flannel and a heavy terrycloth or microfiber soaker pad sewn inside. We can create a custom diaper especially for your little one. You choose the color and the soaker material! (The colors and designs pictured give you an idea of the fabric we have, but we can get almost any color or design you request...your choices are in no way limited to what you see here!)
These diapers will require a waterproof cover. Plastic pants will do, or PUL covers like Thirsties, or Bummis Wraps will work fine. We do not have covers available at this time but hope to carry Thirsties covers in the very near future!
Because we are using new patterns to sew these diapers, we're offering them at a LOW price. In return, we hope that you would give us your feedback on the style, fit, absorbency, etc.
Please allow at least 2 weeks for us to sew and ship your custom diaper orders. Larger orders may take longer than 2 weeks to complete.
You can find them here: http://www.bumcovereddiapers.com/diapers/fitted-diapers/custom-fitted-diapers.html
Monday, October 18, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Here's how it will work:
For a small $15 rental fee (+ refundable deposit of $120), you get to try out 5 new diapers (of every style we have), plus a wet bag, wipes, and wipes solution for 21 days. You get to use them, wash them, re-use them, and hopefully fall in love with them over this 3-week period! If you don't like them, you just return them after your trial and get a full refund (via Paypal) of your deposit. If you do like them, we'll refund your rental fee and you keep the diapers at a discount!
Also, from Oct 25th through Nov 20th, your rental fee will be half price...only $7.99.
If you have questions, feel free to comment here or email me: email@example.com
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Greetings from Bum Covered Diapers! As the seasons change, we at
Bum Covered Diapers are lookingforward to both the Christmas
season and the Great Cloth Diaper Hunt!Things to note of
importance during the month of October:
Deals: ·Free shipping for all orders over $30 until the end of October.
·We’ll be launching our cloth diaper trial packages in the last week
of October, and the $15.00 rental fee will be half-price until November
20th ($7.99 non-refundable rental fee + deposit that will be refunded if
you decide to return the diapers at the end of your trial)
·Cloth Diaper Trial packages: check out an article coming soon on our
blog for more information(http://bumcovereddiapers.blogspot.com )
·Great Cloth Diaper Hunt: We will be a sponsor of the GCDH this year,
and we’ll be offering specialdiscounts and giveaways throughout the
month of November in conjunction with the hunt. Don’t know what
GCDH is? It’s a huge online scavenger hunt, where you can win a lot of
neat prizes and see many neat WAHM businesses.
Check out http://www.diaperdecisions.com and click on the link for
the Great Cloth Diaper Hunt to find more information. Registration
for hunters opened Friday, and the hunt starts November 1st.
Giveaways: Current giveaways slated:
October 23rd: AppleCheeks bundle at the blog for Chubby
Cheeks Thinks (http://www.chubbycheeksthinks.com)
November/December: Wet/Dry bag at It’s Me Melbie
Lots of giveaways on our Facebook page during the
month of November as well.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Our semi-annual "Pink" sale starts tomorrow (and no, I'm not talking about Victoria's Secret)! In honor of Morgan's birthday, we'll run a special sale Friday through Sunday. Some of the deals...10% off anything PINK, buy any two diapers and get one microfiber insert FREE, plus a few secret sales you'll have to check out tomorrow!
Saturday, August 28, 2010
The "Honeymoon" period: As you brought your bundle of joy home, the first diaper or two worked like a charm. You thought, "Hey, this cloth diapering thing is pretty easy!" Then, only a few short diaper changes later, you started having leak issues...
In the beginning your diapers may leak until you get used to the way they work. Be sure your insert is flat inside the diaper and that you have secured the diaper tightly enough to prevent leaking. Also, some diapers and inserts do not reach full absorbency until after a few uses/washes. Have you dried your diapers in the dryer? Using the dryer to dry diapers (at least for the first time) helps tighten the PUL, which may also help with absorbency.
Use, Rinse, Wash, Repeat (again and again): Now that you are in the swing of diapering, you have gone weeks without a leak issue. But now, all of a sudden, the leak issues have returned.
After some use and washing, your diapers may need to be stripped. Soap residue from washing can build up and reduce the absorbency of your diapers. Here's one method for stripping diapers:
Wash dirty diapers like normal. Then run the diapers through a hot wash cycle with no detergent. Peek in the washer to look for bubbles. Keep running rinse cycles until there are no bubbles. (I usually run about 4 cycles.) This should remove the build-up in your diapers. Also, if no one has told you yet, diaper rash creams can create build-up in the diapers. ESPECIALLY those with zinc oxide! The best solution for rashy babies is to use creams specifically made for cloth diapers...try Mama Roses Naturals, Northern Essences Rash Salve, or Earth Mama Angel Baby creams, among many others. The kinds you can buy at Wal-Mart, like Butt Paste, or Balmex, are NOT safe to use on the diapers. The main reason for this is the gunk they leave in your diapers. Rash cream is extremely hard to get out of diapers, so I recommend using a liner when using creams. Be sure to wash liners separately from diapers if you want to keep from having any absorbency issues.
If your diapers smell like ammonia or are stained, you can put a scoop of OxyClean in when you wash diapers, and then rinse several times. DO NOT USE BLEACH! This will break down your PUL and make diapers leak like a sieve!
"I've stripped my diapers like there's no tomorrow, and STILL I have leaks!": If you have tried everything you can think of to stop leaking and are still having trouble, check your inserts.
The microfiber in your inserts can break down after repeated use, which will decrease your absorbency as well. Try testing your inserts with a cup of water. If it isn't holding enough water, you may need to buy new inserts.
Still have leaking questions? Comment below, and I (or other followers) can try to address them.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Idea 1: Because we have such a limited inventory of the brands we carry, we could hold back on expansion and work to increase the supply of products we currently carry. If we already have every type of product you need, this idea will work wonderfully! We are already working on increasing inventory numbers, and we will continue to beef up our supply no matter which move we take in expansion. But if we don't add any new products, we can devote more resources to this effort.
Idea 2: We currently carry OneSize, AIO, and pocket diapers. We don't have any prefolds or fitted diapers, however. A few customers have requested that we add these products to our selection. The brand we most likely would add is Thirsties. I LOVE their wipes and use them every day, so I know you would also love them. I haven't used many fitteds, and I didn't try prefolds at all with baby number 1, so I can't vouch for their covers or diapers. I have seen excellent reviews for these products (especially Thirsties Duo) on other sites. If we add Thirsties, we would most likely add their products in October.
Idea 3: We carry bumGenius products, but we haven't gone so far as to carry Flip or Econobum products. We could stick with the wholesalers we currently have, and expand our Cotton Babies products to include these options. I have never used Flip or Econobum, so I would need to check out the reviews on these products first. We could have these as soon as September.
Idea 4: Because new cloth users are often skeptical, we are thinking about implementing a Diaper Trial system. Here's how it would work: you could purchase a diaper trial (cost of diapers plus trial fee) and try your diapers risk-free for a certain number of weeks. (I'll have to think about how long to let the trial go. Comments are welcome!) If you don't love them, send them back and get a refund for your deposit. You would just be out the trial fee (probably about $15). If you love them, you keep the diapers and are refunded the trial fee. The diaper trial would include several types of diapers and inserts. The problem with implementing this trial right away is that we don't currently carry fitteds and prefolds. We could go ahead and run with the types we have, or we could wait until our selection contains all types of diapers.
Other ideas? Suggestions? Please comment below!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
10. They are CUTE! Cloth diapers can be very fashionable, coming in many colors and styles. (I put a few of my favorites below.) When I put my daughter in a dress, half of the fun is picking out the diaper to wear underneath!
9. They are harder for mischievous toddlers to take off!
8. These are not traditional cloth diapers. No pins involved! With Velcro, snaps, or Snappi fasteners, they are really easy to use.
7. You are being environmentally conscious. Using cloth diapers instead of disposable diapers saves trees and reduces waste in landfills.
6. Do YOU wear plastic/paper underwear every day? I know I would much rather have the soft fabrics that cloth diapers provide!
5. Did you know that cloth diapered babies usually potty-train sooner than babies who wear disposables?
4. They aren’t any messier than disposables!!! A lot of moms steer clear of cloth because of the mess, but today’s cloth diapers really don’t create more mess! The only difference between disposables and cloth is the place you put them when they’re soiled. Instead of the trash, toss them in a washable wetbag or pail liner until wash day. You do have to dump the poop into a toilet first, but did you know you are supposed to do that with disposables too? There is NO SOAKING, NO DUNKING involved with modern cloth diapers.
3. They are convenient and fun for Mom and baby! With all the different kinds of diapers, styles, and colors, you can pick the option that works best for your baby and lifestyle.
2. Did you know that the polyacrylate gel in diapers might possibly cause asthma? Also, chlorine is an ingredient used in making cloth diapers. Sure, this helps keep your baby’s skin dry, but it can also cause rashes and other problems. Do a google search or read this article, and you would be amazed at all the negative effects the use of disposable diapers may have.
1. You can save a lot of money! Using cloth diapers, you could save as much as $2000 per child! Check out http://www.diaperpin.com/calculator/calculator.asp or http://www.diaperdecisions.com/cost_of_cloth_diapers.htm to estimate savings for your situation.
Have questions? Let me know, and I'll be glad to help. Need more diapers or accessories for your stash? Check out our store: http://www.bumcovereddiapers.com/ .
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Monday, August 2, 2010
This is a great article by a military mama who answers all of the classic questions people new to the cloth diapering experience may have.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
(most definitions from http://www.diaperpin.com/)
For the baby with sensitive skin there are also wool and polar fleece diaper covers. These too may be contoured shaped with snap or velcro fasteners. Others come in "boxer-like" shape. Some prefer these covers for night-time use because they breathe.
Inserts: (Pictured are the Knickernappies LoopyDo and microfiber inserts, available at http://www.bumcovereddiapers.com/ and other retailers)
Inserts are the absorbent piece of a pocket diaper and are placed in the "pocket" of a pocket diaper to keep babies dry. Inserts are made of many materials, with the most common being microfiber and hemp.
All-in-one diapers: (Pictured is the bumGenius 3.0 All-in-one (AIO), available at http://www.bumcovereddiapers.com/diapers/all-in-one-diapers.html and other retailers)
Also known as AIO's, all-in-ones are fitted diapers that have an outer waterproof layer and a built-in soaker (insert). These are the diapers closest to disposables, and will probably be the easiest to use for parents who are new to cloth.
Liners: (pictured are Bum Covered Fleece Liners, available at http://www.bumcovereddiapers.com)
Liners are thin material used between a baby's bottom and the diaper itself. Most liners are used to keep stool away from diapers for easy clean up. Many cloth diaper businesses carry flushable biodegradable liners which are the perect fit for this purchase. As an alternative you can use flat diapers to keep costs down and still keep natural soft fabrics against your baby's skin.
Another type of liner which is fast becoming popular is the polar fleece one. These are thicker than their paper/flat sheet counterparts and are great for keeping the baby's bottom dry.
- ▼ December (3)
- Vote Here!
- Flash Giveaway!
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday
- Another photo..Get Your Entry In!
- Photo Contest Entries-More Cloth Cuties!
- Another photo entry...Keep them coming!
- Second Photo Entry
- Photo Contest Entries
- Photo Contest--Change of Procedure
- Surfin' Saturdays at Chubby Cheeks Thinks
- bumGenius 4.0 Sale!
- BCD Annual Baby Photo Contest
- 3 Girls Reviews: Win BIG from Nellie Bug's!!
- Diaper Hunt Deals
- ► October (6)
- ► August (6)