This month Bum Covered Diapers is donating 10% of every sale to the Cloth Diaper Foundation, so we thought it would be very fitting to feature this amazing organization!
Run by a small board of directors, this nonprofit organization is "dedicated to helping qualifying families all over the continental United States get a jump start on cloth diapering." This foundation provides much needed help as families try to build a diaper stash.
To be able to assist in this manner, the Cloth Diaper Foundation accepts monetary donations as well as cloth diapers, inserts, and other accessories. Here is a list of items this foundation will accept:
- Stained Diapers
- AIO/AI2/Pocket/Fitted/Contour/Prefold/Flat/Etc. Diapers
- Cloth Trainers (not Gerber or plastic pant trainers)
- PUL/Fleece/Wool/Nylon (higher quality) Covers
- Wipes/Wetbags/Pail Liners/Wool Wash/Lanolin/Wipe Solution
- Diaper/Cover Making Fabrics – PUL/Fleece/Hemp/Cotton/Etc.
- Diaper Notions – Snaps/Aplix/Elastic/FOE/Size Tags
And here is a list of items NOT ACCEPTABLE for donation:
- Gerber Prefolds (polyfil soakers)
- Plastic/Rubber/Vinyl pants
- Gerber (or other) Padded Training Underwear
- Disposable items
- Diapers in need of major repair (snap replacements are ok)
- Diapers on their last leg
This website also contains information about cloth diapering, recipient reviews, FAQs, Fundraisers & Sales, and Giveaways. For those of you with facebook accounts, the Cloth Diaper Foundation has a facebook page as well: http://www.facebook.com/clothdiaperfoundation
If you are a mama in need of diapers, or if you need to find a new home for used diapers, we encourage you to contact the staff at the Cloth Diaper Foundation! Let us all do our part to keep those baby bums covered!